THE WOMEN _ Surah An-Nisa’ 146-151
The Brands of Personality
(146. Except those who repent, do righteous good deeds, depend on Allah, and purify their religion for Allah, then they will be with the believers. And Allah will grant the believers a great reward.)
Brand – A Believer:-
- Does righteous good deeds;
- Depends on The Only One God (Allah swt) for everything;
- Purifies their religion for Allah swt (keep trying).
147. Why should Allah punish you if you have thanked (Him) and have believed in Him. And Allah is Ever All-Appreciative (of good), All-Knowing.)
The Brand of Grateful people:-
- They are thankful; grateful for everything and have learnt much from experience. Goodness prevails.
- Shakir ~ being appreciative (here Allah swt is saying that He will appreciate if we show gratefulness to Allah swt.
- Mashkoor~ the one who is grateful (feels it and shows Allah swt what they are grateful for)
(148. Allah does not like that the evil should be uttered in public except by him who has been wronged. And Allah is Ever All-Hearer, All-Knower.)
The Brand of Vocalists —————->—–>
Most Powerful Social Principle
Do NOT spread talk about the evils of the society and bad news unless you are personally afflicted by the calamity; injustice; evil; torment; corruption; abuse.
- Talk to Allah swt directly, and depend on Him to rectify your affairs. Read Quran and find what Allah (swt) is saying to you. Then speak-up for your rights where wronged.
- A person who relay every bad news they hear and mention nothing good, they can never contribute towards any peace or resolution. This kind of brand-behavior has a very grave influence on people themselves and others.
(149. Whether you disclose a good deed or conceal it, or pardon an evil, verily, Allah is Ever Pardoning, All-Powerful.
Brand of People Who Do Good, and Forgive
Mistakes happen but they keep on trying, doing good and forgiving if possible.
- They do good because this is the only thing that will clear the plain. Allah swt loves those who do good.
- He (swt) loves pardoning and is Ever-Pardoning (forgiver & forget). We need His mercy.
- They forgive for The One who is All-Powerful.
- Don’t we want our mistakes erased and forgotten!
(150. Verily, those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allah and His Messengers saying, “We believe in some but reject others,” and wish to adopt a way in between.)
The Brand of People Who Create Separation:-
- One brand of people(Allah calls them Kuffar) are those who separate Allah swt from His messenger/s.
- Another brand of people who only promote “Universality” ~ talk about God and goodness but not messenger/ prophet/s.
What’s Special About Prophets:-
- Prophets were God’s chosen people – “A very special Brand”.
- Prophets and messengers brought good news; did righteous deeds; taught good things; depended on Allah swt for everything and showed their gratefulness to Him. They did everything for God and His creations. They did not keep large estates or growing bank balance.
(151. They are in truth disbelievers. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating torment.)
Good, Believer’s Brand Vs. Evil, Disbeliever’s Brand
- Beware and be mindful of such disbelieving behaviors.